hi pitch whine on van

This occurs mainly at higher speeds on highhway. It is a 2004 Freestar minivan, and I get a hi-pitch whine sound (not loud, barely audible but there) and at times it stops then starts again. I just had a new brake job in rear, also had brand new tranny fluid put in...it has 39,500 on the van. Seems to be coming from the left side, but not certain. Anyone experienced this issue? It stops at low speeds in town. Again, it is in the background, not real loud. This may be the last time I get a Ford as when I got the brake job I was told the brakes in Ford vans are well none for issues...never had this problem on my Subaru which outperforms the van though it has 100,000 extra miles than the Freestar.

Reply to
snow

Humm, just a thought. With your mileage did you recently get new tires? I noticed on my Windstar when I went to Michelins that under certain road conditions I also get an intermittent whine.

Jeff

Reply to
JTB