HID Headlights on MKZ

I have a 2007 MKZ which I was unable to get with HID headlights so I bought it anyway. Now I want 'em on the car. The dealer told me they could retrofit it but the price was $2,000, which is a no-go.

Are there any good alternatives out there for a retrofit or a different bulb. I'd like the same total function of the HIDs but if I can get the blue color of the HIDs and still keep the overall level of light on the road, that might be an option. But ... I don't want to junk up the car with a bad product.

Any suggestions? TIA ....

BW

Reply to
Barrie Wilson

Try this one. Hella...

Robert Sveinson

thanks ... interesting site, but they don't seem to have any Xenon headlights for the MKZ

Reply to
Barrie Wilson

After market "blue" tinted lights are illegal in most states.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike, what I said was "the blue color of the HIDs" ... in other words, a bulb with a color temperature in the range of 4300 Kelvin, just like the ones you typically get from the factory

I really want the additional illumination you get with HIDs but if I can't get that one way or the other, I might like to have at least the color of (legal) HIDs ... I think they add a bit to the appearance of the car

Reply to
Barrie Wilson

HID's suck! Did you ever think of the poor bastards you blind using these assinine lights. they're going to banned sonn anyway.

Euro-trash lights!!!

They're dangerous to others Barrie.

Reply to
Dleer

That's what they said about Halogen headlights too. Now about all you can get are halogen's. HID headlights properly aimed are just fine. My new car has them and the low beams cut off about bumper level on a compact car 20ft in front of me. I can see a distinct light/dark line on the pavement 30ft in front of me.

Reply to
I. Care

One thing I have notice with my 2006 Zephyr equipped with HID lights is I often can drive with the lamps on high beam and approaching drives do not flick their light to indicate my lights are a problem for them. It must be that the HID are better at directing the beam, as appose to the wide spread beam of the halogen lights on my 07 Mustang GT, where others are quick to flash at me if I'm on high beam.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

As a rule if the approaching driver needs their high beams on there is a reason. Some rural blacktop roads soak up every bit of light you shine on them ! Just focus your eyes to the right of the oncoming vehicle and get over it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Kitterman