high idle?

i have an 88 taurus 3.0 and it has a few problems

just got finished putting a new radiator and actually getting it to start (stupid grounds .. thought the fuel pump was dead) it stopped popping when we fixed the ground, but havent driven it extensively, so, my grandmas bf wants to change the timing chain (car has 101K) um, but it has a high idle .. and the temperature goes above the halfway of the "Normal" mark

i know its not a "real" temperature gauge, and it does run ok, just worries me...

also, real depressing, changed the r&p/pspump a few months ago, the car had been sitting for about 3 months, and just today, opened the thing up, and the fluid color is brown, milky brown

does anyone know why it would have a high idle and why it goes slightly above the middle point of the Normal mark?

Reply to
Christopher Leigh