honda odometers

Page 2 of 2
Thanks for providing this for us and correcting me. Less than 55 mph, it 10 mph over, 55+, it's 6 mph.
One additional point: there is also no leeway in active construction zones.
Jeff

Ford has a 2% margin on the low side on their speedometers. There is no "Industry Standard".. Its what the automakers build into their vehicles....
The reason is for changes in tire size as they wear, and other factors as well..
Ford Tech
Ford Tech wrote:

The Ford factory manual I have for the 94' Escort/Tracer says the "speedometer indication is biased high", so the indicated speed is equal to or higher than the actual speed. They say this is to "protect the consumer against violating speed laws". The speedometer on my 94' Escort read about four percent high with the tires that came on the car. When I replaced the tires with the next larger size, the speedometer/odometer was very accurate. It was off by only a tenth of a mile in forty miles.
Fordfan wrote:

Oh boy Are you in for a surprise one day. There are specifications for vehicles. The "best" they can do is 10% up or down. But if you wish to legislate for these technical devices to do better you can, but they still cannot comply. I know. I've checked all the specifications. I Australia we have a claytons standard. On page one, the give you all the specs., and on the nxt page they give the specs an exemption. According to local state laws. Who are you going to believe, the people who manufacture the cars, the people who gather taxes by deceiving people or the speed camera manufacturers who also amke money out of these things? Before you know it they will lower the speed tolerances and you will pay through the nose for minor infringements like we have in Victoria Australia. 5% And the punishment doesnt even fit the crime.
Jonno wrote:

Who is in for a surprise one day?

Dont know your driving style, but I dont sit at stoplights myself and I STILL get abour 15-16mpg city with my 2000 Ranger 3.0L FFV 5spd trans and 4.10 rearend.. I have 245/75R16 FACTORY sized tires on my truck... Also a factory 2" suspension lift (TRAILHEAD package)...
I get about 19-21mpg on the highway, 17 when pullin a 5x8 u-haul trailer...
Ford Tech
2000 Ford Ranger 3.0L FFV 5spd Mazda Trans 4.10 rear and pushin 113,000mi.

I'd quietly dump that gas eating thing. My 3.3L Concorde is much better than that, over 20MPG.