Hood Latch on Ford Aerostar

My oil light want on and when I went to pop the hood it must have busted something. Can you tell me how I can get the latch to let me under the hood again? catch 22.

Might be stuck from moisture and corrosion. Not familiar with the soft underbelly of the Aerostar but you might be able to get your head under the radiator/front bumper area and get a good shot at lubing it with some liquid wrench or wd-40. Try to work the mechanism free with your hand or tap it lightly with a small hammer.
Had this happen on my old Escort. Once you get it free put some white grease spray on the latch mechanism once in a while. Do your door latches too.

I have a 98 Ranger, and kept having trouble with the "Door Ajar" light on the dash staying on while running, and the overhead cab light staying on even when the ignition was shut off. A little WD-40 on the door latches solved the problem. A Google search turned up several others having the same problem, that's how I found the WD-40 solution.
--
Albert Sims
West Monroe,Louisiana