Hooking up a Tach to a 1999 Panther

1999 Grand Marquis LS. It lacks a Tach.
Since it's a C.O.P. system, I'm wondering if there are any aftermarket Tachs that can be hooked up to it, without using Ford's racing adapter.
Since it has the lite-brite dashboard, I'd like a *digital* tach. What I'm wondering is, the PCM knows what RPM the engine is running at, does it have a _TACH_ Output?
The useless Haynes manual won't say anything about it
--
Don't drink water, fish have sex in it!