How do I repair my van.

I bought a used 1999 ford windstar in may 2005. It ran beautifully until last week. It won't stay on. I start it up but then it dies out. I was told I could take it to AUTOZONE to check the battery and altenator. Both
were OK. They suggested the starter. I have no trouble starting, It just will not stay on without me keeping my foot on the gas. (which is how I drove it to AUTOZONE.) Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Check the idle air control valve.
SC Tom

just
You need to clean or replace the IAC (Idle Air Control) solenoid. It is a chrome plated cylinder about 1.3 inches in diameter screwed onto the intake manifod with two hex head screws. There is one electrical connector on the rear end. After you take it off, you should be able to see into the air passages. Mostly likely it will be black and gummy looking in there. You can try cleaning it out with a can of throttle body cleaner, or just replace it. The nice guys at AutoZone will probably sell you a replacement for under $60.
Ed