How hard is blinker switch to change?

We have 93 ford taurus with suspected bad blinker switch. We are thinking of changing it ourselves or with help from family (that actually knows something about car repair). ...just wondering if we should bother or just pay the 50 bucks for labor.

Reply to
maryh

If you are at all uncertain, and have a solid quote for the labor, you supply part... you should do that.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

It's not that hard to change if you are talking about the multi-function switch. There are some shortcuts though, which you don't know, and some long cuts, that you will discover if you try to use a Chilton's manual. So I'd say $50 is not to much to keep you out of trouble.

PS. The multifunction switch can actually be disassembled and repaired if you are really cheap. Parts tend to fall on the floor though so use a tray.

Reply to
Al Bundy