How long are recalls honored?

I have a 1988 Ford F-150. On APR 25, 1996 there was issued a recall for the Ignition Switch. It says: THE IGNITION SWITCH COULD EXPERIENCE AN INTERNAL SHORT CIRCUIT.
Remedy: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE IGNITION SWITCH.
Potential Units Affected: 7900000
I've only owned this truck for two years. I have no idea if this was ever replaced. Will Ford still honor this recall? Can they (or I) find out if the switch was replaced?
snipped-for-privacy@web.com wrote:

My 89 Mustang was recalled for this. It was a factory recall and everyone went in. So most likely your truck was done also. They might keep records of it a the dealer. They can probably check by the VIN number.
On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 03:14:18 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@web.com wrote:

Check at any ford dealer . They can chect by VIN for any outstanding recalls.

ASAIK recalls are forever, so if there is no record of your car being done, and there should be, they should do it now.