how long is the Ford Minivan?

Anyone ever tried to convert a ford minivan (aerostar/windstar) into a travel/camping van? By this I mean remove the rows of seats at the back and turn it into a mini living quarter? How tight is the space
at the back? Is there length enough for a 5'9 guy to sleep and stretch fully instead of curl up? I am pondering buying one of these van and do just that, convert it into a car camping van. Remove back seats, throw in an inflatable bed. etc. Just wondering how long that space at the back is?
I can tell you this, a piece of plywood is what 4x8? well without any seats it has about a 1/4" to spare side to side but length wise its about 3" too long to fit into my van.

My long body Aerostar would handle a 4X8 flat on the floor with all back seats out. JUST.

Are you referring to a short Aerostar? or the extended version Aerostar?
Max Power wrote:

Joseph wrote:

I've known people with Aerostars (extended, not the shorty) that did just that. Plenty of room for one person to stretch out. Room for 2 unless you're talking about a hunting buddy.
Tom Adkins wrote:

but ok for a brokeback mountain hunting buddy...ha!
ShoeSalesman wrote:

Yea... I almost went there Shoe, but decided not to. Thanks for doing it for me. ;) Plenty of room for you and a person that you want to cuddle up with, and a reasonable amount of luggage/baggage packed along the sides and up front. There's also plenty of points for physical restraints. Ask ShoeSalesman for details. ;)

Do you mean the type of restraints for when you cuddle with someone ( e.g., handcuffs)? Or the type holds luggage in place so it doesn't move around while you are driving?
I guess it would work both ways, depending upon one's preferences.
Jeff
Jeff wrote:

Ummmm, yes.