How many are happy with a Mustang-2004-2005-2006?

Page 3 of 3
KJ.Kate wrote:

YEAH! HAHA LOL! TRUE, they love us awe!!!!!!! He was so happy to get me a car, they are so sweet and yet, I can't get my husband to get those pants off the chair in the bedroom and they have dirt all over them! errr. Oh well...guess I could go for a ride and leave the laundry behind ;) Hey congratulations on the Jeep, I really like those! He loves you, awe... ;) Beth
66 6F HCS wrote:

Hear, hear
--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65

Hi Brad nice to meet you. Well I would call the Jeep Liberty a sporty vehicle in a 4x4. I think it is anyways for a small SUV, looks sporty, and I love the new fog lamps you can purchase aftermarket for those. It has a decent engine in it for the price but I hear the transmissions can't keep up in the long run.? I was thinking it would be great to take to the beach when we go to Galveston. I need more space than my Sunfire, I have gotten a lot of stuff in there true, but lets face it if I have to leave because of a hurricane-after the Son, hubby, mom, two dogs(Pommies) and two cats go on a long ride it isn't pleasant for anyone in a car......I love the Toyota 4 Runner, but I don't have a ton to spend on a new car, the insurance on any car I get -SFarm says will be 100 and up, that is a Toyota Corrola or Jeep Liberty 100$, and a Mustang is 110 a month. The Rav4 comes out in January in the updated longer version(by 14 inches) with a V6. I have seen on the net so many cars -smaller SUV's.
Personally wise, I am a monster mudder!, I love 4x4 and knobby tires at least six feet off the ground LOL- and lots of water and mud, but I live in Houston and hate the city driving:(. I need something with a decent get up and go, GREAT brakes and a little room...seems I went from Ga Country girl to a Suburbanite in a few short years. I am thinking a price range from 17 to maybe 24 max,with 5 thou down. Like I bought my son for Christmas a little Red Jeep for him to ride in the back yard, if it hadn't come in parts I wouldn't have been able to get it home :( I am sure his toys like my husbands will just get bigger...my husband could use a 26 foot trailer for all the tools and toys he wants to bring home!
My husband asked me this morning if I had chosen more to test drive this weekend......this is frustrating to say the least, seems there is always something wrong with all the ones I have tried so far.... like the G6, a wonderful car! well equiped for under 24 for a demo GTPV6! but come on you could hide a mac truck in that blind spot! And they need bigger mirrors to get past that big rearend. Are the small SUV's really that bad? Yes a real crewcab truck, at a real crewcab price, I don't know of any that have the nice bench seats in the back that are in the smaller or short bed range...do you? I had thought of that, like a small truck with a bench seat and short bed with a topper for keeping groceries dry. I just know that I need to get something soon, and how do those Mustangs hang on an open muddy field.....love the slush of wet mud...my Sunfire slings nice even in the mud with the larger tires ;)shhh don't tell my hubby!--one thing though, remember to shut the sunroof! ;)
Oh, the guy around the corner just bought a black Mustang GT with white racing stripes, and chrome spinners, I just drool.. I saw the inside yesterday, those front seats are close to the back seats as with most other Mustangs, if I also had an adult passanger in the front, there would be no room for my sons legs.:(
--
Beth
1 Peter 3:4

Beth, I dunno... I have had two cars all my life. A Mustang (67, 90, 91 and 93) and a Bronco (80, 85 and 87). Each does their job flawlessly.
The ONLY middle of the road vehicle I can suggest between my 10mpg Bronco and an SUV is a Ranger. Seriously. I would buy one if I had the extra cash. They are made on the Mazda B-series platform and have very good reliability, and if you get the extended cab you've got some room back there, and with the Level Two 4by4 off road package, shit, that truck should take you anywhere! Plus you got the bed to haul. When it's off warranty, a 6" lift and some 35" tires and you're rocking! I know, it's only got the 6cyl in it, and torque is a little low (225 I think?), but you can always gear it later on to go with those tires. It's a small tight package with lots of upside. And I see a zillion more of those off roading than I do Hummers. What does that tell you? (Besides Hummers suck ass that is.)
But again, I dunno. I rented a 6 2005 Mustang a while back. Nice car. The only complaint I had was engine noise, and that is a pretty small compaint. Ford did I real nice job on these. And Backyard is right, if it wasn't for the 6, the 8 would not exist. Witness the Craparo. But Ford does make an 8 and though I've never driven one, my 5.0 can chew tires like nothing, I imagine the new ones are no less a car, with less 'flaws' than the legendary 5.0.
But, find a Level Two Ranger if you can. You never know.
Brad
BradandBrooks wrote:

Brad, Here in TX a lot of women drive trucks, that is true, as I have almost been hit by them more than ten occasions lol!
I do love that car!!, grrrowwwlll. :) But I will give the Ranger slt was it? a test and see :) I see it got a five star rating! BTW that Liberty has NO more room than my Sunfire!! Neither does the Rav. Thanks !! beth
snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca (BradandBrooks) wrote in
<snip>

<snip>
Actually, the Mazda B-series is, and always has been, built on the Ranger platform, not the other way around. The two are mechanically identical.
But I agree with you about the Ranger's attributes. I put 100k miles on my 1994 Ranger (XLT, 4X4, extended cab, 4.0L V-6, 5-speed manual). During that time it required NO repairs, other than routine fluid & filter changes and one recall for the parking brake mechanism. It averaged 21 MPG. When I traded it in, it still had the original brake pads/shoes, exhaust system, hoses and belts (although the last were about worn out). Even the interior & exterior looked like new, and it stayed outside year 'round. The only reason we got rid of it was because, when the first Sport Tracs came out, my wife fell in love with a red one. It has been almost as reliable as the Ranger was. -- Jim
Hi All, We picked up our new car the night of the 14th :) We bought a V6 Mustang though and not the V8, my husband said he figures the gas is only going to go up and not down(probable), plus, we wouldn't have been able to get the Torch Red color we wanted. They had to go get this one from a team member dealership earlier in the day, the other dealership hung onto the spare key because if we didn't take it their was someone else that wanted it-they sure are popular. The salesperson was kind enough to go out of her way to drive to my house yesterday to deliver the other key. Now that is service!
Besides this is enough horses-grrreat pick up :) We didn't even test drive it, mostly because the dealership had a more than half flooded parking lot (Houston) and it was raining still, we checked the mirrors for blind spots and the back seat for our sons comfort and made the deal, waited for an hour and out we went with a new Pony, singing: To the Barbie Girl song:
I'm a Ponygirl, ( he said BOY ha)- in a Mustang World, It's Fantastic, 'cause it's a Classic....
I just love it! And thank you for all your great suggestions, I tried them all but the love for this car won out ;) And it is high enough by the way. One person I know has a really low profile on their 2001 'Stang, I was worried they all where like that. I have never been a Ford person so I didn't know-person who wrote nasty in reply should be ashamed of himself. This one is perfect! (needs bigger tires though!)
My dad and I always talked about building a 60's Mustang together-he would have taught me a lot along the way, he was a top notch mechanic for over 20 years, but passed on with cancer before we could get together to build it. I thought it was a nice touch though, that the manager said, "your dad is smiling in heaven"--awe. The dealership was awesome to us! BTW, anyone out here thinking about getting one, better hurry as production stops before the summer of '06. He said that they where only going to make them for one year, but they where so proud of them, and sold so many they decided to go on a little longer. They are already working on a new style. I was inspired to see people so in love with the cars and trucks they sell, really made a difference. Beth
Beth...
Good for you!
You know, that 6 in the new Mustang is peppy. I was quite surprised when I drove one. It's got a lot of get-up-and-go. Ford is definetely producing power equivalent to the 6s in Japanese cars that cost way more money (Lexus IS-series comes to mind)
And did you know that last year the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada (AJAC) gave the 2005 Mustang best new design, best new performance car and Canadian car of the year. What other car has done that? Man, now I'm jealous. I gotta go take the cover off my 93 and give it a hug tonite! LOL! I'm sure you will love this car.
The only thing is the sales guy said the design is only going to 2006?? If you look at the Mustang, here's the deal on production:
79 to 86: 8 years 87 to 93: 7 (glorious!) years ;) 94 to 98: 5 years 99 to 04: 5 years
I think they'll be around for a few more years.
If you ever want to take me for a ride, just write! LOL! :)
Brad
And they are nice eh?

BradandBrooks wrote:

Hi Brad, Thanks! Oh YEAH! I already love my baby, I mean car !! Sweet a '93! I kissed it seven times for good measure, and you can hug yours all you want too, I won't tell lol. Of course that was on the black plastic of the door and not the clear coat, no nonono. I now see why so many people have always loved the Mustang. It creates pride don't it ;) I try not to be too prideful so this is challenging!
Yes, they certainly have taken the overall market for the last two years. With good reason, considering the choices out there today within these price ranges. LOL I was looking for a mommy wagon when I wanted a 'Stang, and they where just flaunting themselves all over the roads HAHAHA.
I went to Wendy's and the guy hung out the window and said -blank- bad word...hey guys look at this! I went to Sonic last night after grocery shopping and the lady said, hey nice car!! I couldn't help but smile. I spent the entire day Sunday detailing it out and putting my little smiling bunny sticker in the far left corner back window that says, "I just don't listen". The little surf board smelly and my cross around the mirror, gee :'( Auto Zone sure doesn't carry anything anymore, the net is the way to go. I bought rubber mats to go over the carpeted ones, can't have dirt no no.
I used that Meguiars gold classic and let me tell you, after it was buffed out it shines sweet!!
WOW you mean even in Canada? Now that is impressive! Thanks for the info. Yes, the pep is almost toooo peppy, I was sitting in some what sandy pavement and it was raining all day, went to try to beat the cars that let out at the light by making my right turn, all you heard was squeeeeeeeelllll, (cop followed me for four miles) and I didn't even hit the gas that hard, I was like oooopsss didn't mean to do that. Certainly has more robust power than my Sunfire(stock 115), which is like 125 or something near that, after performance parts at that. This 4.0 is more power than I am used ;) And although this is the basic stereo, it is really clear sounding when Celine belts it out!
Hey when you test drove it did you notice how sensitive the steering was? Wow, I had to swerve because some lady came shooting across the street in a minivan and I had to catch the steering wheel as I went heading for the cows in the pasture!! All I could think of was NOT MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, in that instant I said let me fly out! but don't hit the car.
Okay it was said to me that, Ford was proud of this car and only intended to make them for one year, but they decided not to, so by summer of '06 production stops. He says they are working on a new style already that is supposed to begin before summer. That seems odd though, as you say, they usually use the same style for a longer time, I said the same thing to the manager and he said, they are very proud of this one and wanted limited production time on them. So I am only repeating what was said to me, seems a shame :( as I know a few people that want one too but have to wait a while longer to pay off what they have. I am looking on the net to see if I can find anything out about this and see if it is true or not.
A '93 kewl! A tarp...ouchy on the paint, unless you don't have a garage then it is better to use one. I did that on one of our cars and all it did was scratch it. :( My friend Marie has a 2001 and it is pretty nice. I wanted one but hubby got another red Sunfire. I saw a 68 for sale along the road and thought that is a car! All this tech is kinda a pain don't you think. The windows slide down slightly when you turn the car off so you can open the door and have it come out of the seal. And there is sensors everywhere for everything. I didn't wear my seatbelt while my husband was driving and it went ding ding chime the entire time, but the seat belt would catch and kept getting tighter and tighter....retention is nice in an accident but when your just sitting there what a pain!
I know I will have this car the rest of my life, as it should be with your first love ;) As you will probably hang onto yours for a very long time! Don't get rid of it no matter what! I thank you for saying they are good cars, I sure don't need repair bills to soon, I have a two year old that grows out of his clothes daily HAHA. And eats like a horse. Take care and don't eat to many Christmas cookies ;) Oh why not, go ahead, eat all ya want ! heehee
And your welcome to come have a ride but you will have to come to Houston to get it :) Where do ya'll park it anyway?(where from?) And so much for maybe a flake of snow this year, looking like '70 for Christmas..got my son a red jeep and the darn thing has a real radio in it!!oooo..hey I can wax my car again in the warmer weather this time, kewl ;)
BTW Brad, this car is like the best!!!!!!!!!, most wonderful!!!!!!!!!!! Hottest!!!!!!!! car ever and I don't car who says what and is why I watch the movie over and over and over...and.......... ;) Take a look........... http://www.carmemories.com/cmem/Ford/Mustang/Gone+in+60+Seconds
I got the V6 deluxe with interior and exterior appearance packs,(chrome accessories and light grey inside torch red out) cruise control( I didn't ask for it) five speed automatic. Two years of free maintenance and roadside, and gap insurance. And it was 23,931 Not to bad I would say though. And if anyone out here is in Houston go to Planetford, they where great!!
http://www.meguiars.com/meguiars_award/award_trophy.cfm

Hey Beth... :)
Nah, the sales guy is playing with you. Yes, I have no doubt there is a new model Mustang already in a clay model... I think Ford decided to redesign the Fox in 91 and had the 94 as a model at that time. So yeah, the 2010 is probably already being molded, but do you really think a car as hot as this is going to be discontinued. Ford will milk this for all they can!

Yeah, the tech aspect of the new Mustang is a little weird, given the Mustang was meant to be, really, a no frills car... but hey, as long as it is reliable. Look at it this way, my 1980 Bronco is my daily driver. It's OLD technology. That carb needs to be set every few months for example. It runs great and all, but man, I wish it was fuel-injected!

And no, when you find a car you like, keep it! I sold my '67 and of course, regret it. I won't do that again with my '93. And they are reliable cars. Many people have said Mustang IS Ford. I might be one of them. Ford cannot afford to have a crappy Mustang; it would kill them. They make them tough.

Beth, enjoy your car. There will always be newer, faster, better... but yet, people still drive the older models and wouldn't sell them for all the tech in the world. If you love it, keep it! Personally, I think the new ones are the best thing since 1987... and those, became legendary... I think the new ones might be the same.
TTYS
Brad
BradandBrooks wrote:

How true, newer maybe, but it won't mean as much as this one, I love the design! yup, you hang onto that Stang now! Yes, seems a lot of people agree they are good cars :) Makes me happy! I will Brad, thank you! Happy New Year! Beth