How much to pay for a Ford

Page 1 of 2
I want to buy a Ford. How much should I pay for one?

Every penny you have. Mortgage your house, sell your children into slavery, get your wife out on the corner turning tricks. Do whatever you have to do to spend as much as you possibly can. You won't regret it.
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:59:51 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

That's funny, every Ford I've owned so far has been a complete lemon. My wife's Mercury Sable has had 3 (going to be 4, probably) transmissions in 6 years.
So tell me how wonderful Ford is again?
youve just ben unlucky... me personally i wont buy their cars.. however F series trucks are the best
Kenny F250 owner
wrote:

slavery,
do to

Everyone I know has been unlucky with Ford cars, and since I don't drive trucks, that makes Ford a dead issue for me.

So it they are such lemons, why do you keep buying them?

I don't. I'll never own another one, I was just unlucky enough to own two at the same time and they were both lemons.

"That's funny, every Ford I've owned so far has been a complete lemon. My wife's Mercury Sable has had 3 (going to be 4, probably) transmissions in 6 years.
So tell me how wonderful Ford is again?"
So you have one at 6 years, and 3 transmissions. That's a lot of transmissions even for junk, what is your wife doing to them? Were they new, rebuilt or junkyard? Sounds like something is missing from the story. Why didn't you just get rid of it? What about this other lemon? What model was that? What was so wrong with it that you classify it as a lemon? Something tells me you are making mountains out of mole hills. I doubt the story is quite as you are implying.

Absolutely nothing. They're lasting just over a year each and we'd like to get rid of it, but it has to run first! The last tranny lasted 14 months and it's out again. It's sitting at a new tranny shop right now waiting to be pulled apart.
Let's see, the first time it failed was 2 years after we got the car new. That got replaced but we were never really happy with how it ran in first gear (delayed shift) but it was the best the dealership could do. 18 months later, it was gone again. Took it to a local tranny shop and they put 2 transmissions into it, the first one was a rebuild on the Ford tranny in the car, the second was a complete rebuilt because they couldn't make the other tranny work. Now, 14 months later, that tranny is gone and grinding with internal problems. I won't know how bad until they pull the thing on Monday.
At $1500 a pop, this is hardly a mountain out of a molehill.

transmissions
just
making
Sell it then.

You say it's not right, appreantly they agree but say it's the best they can do? And you buy that line? If it is not right, it's not right demand it be fixed, you shot your self in the foot on that one. By the way I have land on a real nice Florida key I would like to sell you.

Not bad for not working correct from the first repair, I'm betting that if you had them fix it correctly you would still be on the first replacement, your fault. The technicians fault for not getting it correct the first time.

Sounds like poor quility work, not a lemon of a car problem. Still, what is this other lemon you say you have and what problems is it having?
Brian Henderson wrote:

Toss the car. Get a better car like a late 90s Volvo 940. It will last decades longer than your current money pit would, and is a decent car as well
On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:01:46 GMT, Joseph Oberlander

As soon as we get this car back, we're trading it in on a nice new Japanese car that will go 150k miles without a problem. Had one of those once, it was wonderful, we never should have gotten a Ford.
I said it once and ill say it again... for cars i would buy a saturn havent seen many problems with them at all and everybody but me in my family owns one
On the other hand.... if you need to haul stuff (wood, atv's, put weight or a lot of crap in an automobile go with a ford truck)
I love my F250 with the bottom of my heart!
Kenny

oh now that is crazy!!! i wouldnt spend a dime on another ford. have one wish i didnt. dont do it!!!!!! buy another car anything but a ford!!! trust me!!
I believe he was asking advice on the price one should pay when purchasing a new car. Another persons experience, good or bad, with any particular vehicle is no indication of what another person may experience with their particular vehicle. Every manufacture makes some on occasion that are not up to their build standards. That is why they all offer a warranty, including Rolls Royce. Toyota for instance is touted by many to be one of the best choice, yet if you go into a Toyota NG you will read many complaints from owners of everything from rattles to bad engines and transmissions and Toyota cost a lot more to buy than comparable Ford models. Does that mean that nobody should buy a Toyota, certainly not.
mike hunt
needhelpinsoutherncal wrote:

Hyundai Pony? Hyundai Excel?
Bill 2 wrote:

Feh. A real cheapass requires a Skoda or Trabant.
You should pay dearly for this silly posting!

$1173.89

I'll pay you if you don't buy a Ford...