How much to pay for a Ford

I said it once and ill say it again... for cars i would buy a saturn havent seen many problems with them at all and everybody but me in my family owns one

On the other hand.... if you need to haul stuff (wood, atv's, put weight or a lot of crap in an automobile go with a ford truck)

I love my F250 with the bottom of my heart!

Reply to
Mercury

Just look at what the book value is for the car that you like. Then pick how long you will own it. Add to the book value the cost of fixing all the problems you will encounter during those years, like a couple of failed transmissions, repairing several small things like replacing window motors, replacing the plastic fittings in the fuel system that broke off the top of the gas tank, the extra money you will spend because the gas tank fittings leaked for several months before complete failure while you wondered why the car's gas mileage was so poor, the couple of times the air conditioner had to be torn apart because the fittings on the lines wouldn't seal, the engine teardown because of leaking gaskets (either oil or water, but always major like a manifold gasket or head gasket), a couple of heater fan motors, and a radiator because the plastic top cracked and failed. Multiply that by about 10 percent to cover the electrical problems. Add several dollars for your time and frustration of taking it back to the dealer and/or your mechanic to fix it, and for working around problems like power seats that broke and don't quite fit your driving stance any more but you decide to live with them instead of pay to have the problem fixed. When all is added up you have what you actually pay to own a Ford!

Reply to
L F

Actually, I have paid a lot less for my Ford Contour (ok, it only has

106,000 mi): 4 sets of rear brakes + 1 set of rotors; 1 set of front brakes
  • 1 set of rotors; 1 wheel bearing, 2 serpentine belts, one water pump belt, one set of plugs, one license plate lamp, two fog lamps, one brake cable (emergency brake), plenty of Mobil1 and Wix filters.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Consumers Report names the Taurus a one of the vehicles in its "Recommended" buy list.

mike hunt

Jeff wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt