How to align Camshaft Position Sensor?

Is there any way to properly align the camshaft position sensor in a 4.2L V6 (from a 1997 F-150) without having to go out and spend $60 to $100 for a "synchro positioning tool" ???
I hate to spend that kind of money on a tool that I might never need again.
TIA, john w.
On 5 Jan 2005 07:01:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Not exactly mandatory, but it make it easy to do it on the first shot.
You can get a set of the tools for about $60 at http://www.thetoolnetwork.com/cam_syncronizer_set_ford.html
It's worth it for the aggravation it saves.
Try the local auto zone, they have a tool loan deal. You "buy" the tool from them (at full price) then when you return it you get the money back. Works nice for those one-off times you need them.
--
Steve Williams