How to change Oil

Page 2 of 2
only i would wait until 7500 miles before changing the oil old john
Hello, I.! You wrote on Sat, 8 Mar 2008 14:41:42 -0800:
IC> 1) Pull up to Jiffy Lube when the mileage reaches 3000 miles since the
IC> last oil change. IC> 2) Drink a cup of coffee IC> 3) 15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained IC> vehicle.
IC> Money spent: IC> Oil Change: $20.00 IC> Coffee: $1.00 IC> Total: $21.00
IC> Oil Change instructions for Men :
IC> 1) Wait until Saturday, drive to auto parts store and buy a case of IC> oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and a scented tree, write a IC> check for $50.00. IC> 2) Stop and buy a case of beer, write a check for $20, drive home. IC> 3) Open a beer and drink it. IC> 4) Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands. IC> 5) Find jack stands under kid's pedal car. IC> 6) In frustration, open another beer and drink it. IC> 7) Place drain pan under engine. IC> 8) Look for 9/16 box end wrench. IC> 9) Give up and use crescent wrench. IC> 10) Unscrew drain plug. IC> 11) Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil: splash hot oil on you in process. IC> Cuss. IC> 12) Crawl out from under car to wipe hot oil off of face and arms. IC> Throw kitty litter on spilled oil. IC> 13) Have another beer while watching oil drain. IC> 14) Spend 30 minutes looking for oil filter wrench. IC> 15) Give up; crawl under car and hammer a screwdriver through oil IC> filter and twist off IC> 16) Crawl out from under car with dripping oil filter splashing oil IC> everywhere from holes. Cleverly hide old oil filter among trash in IC> trash can to avoid environmental penalties. Drink a beer. IC> 17) Install new oil filter making sure to apply a thin coat of oil to IC> gasket surface. IC> 18) Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine. IC> 19) Remember drain plug from step 11. IC> 20) Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan. IC> 21) Drink beer. IC> 22) Discover that first quart of fresh oil is now on the floor. Throw IC> kitty litter on oil spill. IC> 23) Get drain plug back in with only a minor spill. Drink beer. IC> 24) Crawl under car getting kitty litter into eyes. Wipe eyes with oily IC> rag used to clean drain plug. Slip with stupid crescent wrench IC> tightening drain plug and bang knuckles on frame removing any excess IC> skin between knuckles and frame. IC> 25) Begin cussing fit. IC> 26) Throw stupid crescent wrench. IC> 27) Cuss for additional 5 minutes because wrench hit bowling trophy. IC> 28) Beer. IC> 29) Clean up hands and bandage as required to stop blood flow. IC> 30) Beer. IC> 31) Dump in five fresh quarts of oil. IC> 32) Beer. IC> 33) Lower car from jack stands. IC> 34) Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled IC> during any missed steps. IC> 35) Beer. IC> 36) Test drive car. IC> 37) Get pulled over: arrested for driving under the influence. IC> 38) Car gets impounded. IC> 39) Call loving wife, make bail. IC> 40) 12 hours later, get car from impound yard.
> [...]
With best regards, E-mail:

Related Threads is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.