how to deactivate ant-theft on a 2000 Windstar

Hi. I removed the battery cables to clean off the contacts, now the anti-theft won't allow ignition. I've tried the reprogram in the guide but no luck. I was wondering if I might have an after-market alarm system. The
remote has the Ford label on it with 3 buttons for lock, unlock,and panic. All other functions are fine, but to normally turn over the engine I have to use the unlock feature but the engine won't turn over. Any help would be appreciated. Mark.