How to preserve the paint?

Hello,
We are about to buy an Expedition in the coming days. I would like to maintain it as well as possible and feel that the most important item (from a cosmetic perspective) that helps an auto retain its
value is the paint. Can anyone recommend some kind of treatment whether do it yourself or not that is proven to maintain the paint on an auto? Can good waxes do this?
TIA Oscar

Hi Oscar,
I used to paint autos and most painters thought the sealers and such were mostly snake oil. Good wax can help, but nothing is as good as parking it in a garage or under something so it isn't exposed to the elements. I have used the original Armorall on weatherstrips and plastic on my cars for 10 years and it seems to keep them from drying out as much as they would without it.

I've seen a few cars that had paint thta held up well. One got a new clear coat every few years. The other was waxed every week.
If you don't want to go to that extreme, try to park indoors (or under a tent or something) and wax it and buff (with orbital buffer) once a month.
FWIW, a coat of Nu-Finish wax does wonders in protecting the paint. Twice a year seems to be just about right.
Eric