how to reattach defroster lead to rear window?

The little lead plate on the wire which attaches to the defroster grid on the rear window (driver's side of rear) of my Ford Windstar came off. I reglued it with the glue you use to reattach a rearview mirror to the glass. While the lead stayed on the glass, it did not make contact. When i took a voltmeter and attached one end to the lead and the other to the grid, i got a reading, so the current is good to the lead (or grid at least). Any suggestions on how to get the current to flow through the crazy glue, or do i need to use some of that copper paint to paint over the lead and have it make contact with the grid wires? Please email replies to snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com and thanks.

Reply to
john

There are repair kits for that, that conduct current. Crazy glue doesnt conduct current

We usually dont email here, thank you very much

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic