How to remove car seat or lumbar support

I have a 2009 Ford Taurus X and the lumbar support in the driver's seat is so pronounced even when it is off that it hurts my back quite badly. Does anyone know how to remove the lumbar mechanism or remove
the whole seat in order to remove the mechanism altogether ? I called a Ford dealership and they stated that they have heard complaints about it, but there is nothing they can do. Its becoming such an issue I might have to get rid of the car.
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:50:58 -0700 (PDT), car crash

I can't tell you specifically but in general I'd say you will need to remove the seat back upholstery, then pull off the foam and you will be able to see the mechanism. I think it's just a piece of steel plate attached to the lever. You might be able to bend it backwards so it doesn't stick out so much into the seat back foam.