How To Reset Computer

I have a 2001 Taurus The check engine light came on at 60,000 miles

How do i reset the computer, besides turning the switch on and off 80 times. Thanks

Reply to
Tony

Tony wrote in news:v8o9e1tenmgjjh64ah212o1aicc1a3ib21@

4ax.com:

Fix the problem and drive it.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Have you tried disconnecting the battery, If not dissconnect for about

10mins and reconnect it see if that works for you it should if you have fixed the reason the light came on in the first place, also I dont know if it applies to your of car but if you don't get your gas cap on correctly after a fill up that can trigger the C.E. light also let me know if that helps :John
Reply to
racer30wa