howdy all jerky transmission 93 grand Marquis...

annoying part of it all was the tranny was just rebuilt in October I've only driven maybe 6,000 miles since then...
the tranny shifts like a guy learning how to drive stick, and the
engine over rev's before it slams into first. but the take off is smooth if I put the car in fist with the lever... is my car possessed?
---- "I'd rather take a hit in the mouth than throw a pick," Kyle Orton "education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "If we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux "the glass is not only half full the first half was delicious" -- Me To Reply: Scrape off the end bits...
Dennis opined in

It sounds like a control problem and that might be the VSS or its wiring..
Mmmm perhaps you should take it back to that shop and have them check that out... If they say that couldnt be the problem, you should look for another mechanic or have a friend who understands Poertrain Control look at it

it aughta Be SQUARE

is this an internal to transmission kind of thing? or is it possible for get at it from the outside? or actually the better question probably is: shouldn't that have been replaced when they rebuilt the tranny?