hows that for stupid

So, the Lexus back up assist.

How dumb of an option is that? Are people really getting this bad at driving, or this lazy? Wonder which it is?

Reply to
Picasso

agreed, pretty silly. How much does that stupid option cost?

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

How does one get to the point they can afford to buy an $82,000 car yet still be too dumb to know how to park? ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Both... And it's a neat peachy-keen conversation starter.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

wow, pretty damn impressive technology to make a car do that.

Reply to
petebert

I guess I'm too old fashioned when it comes to all these options, but I always wonder if replacement parts will be available from the dealer

10-15 years down the road. In other words, will you be able to walk into your Lexus dealer 10 years from now and order all the replacement parts for it, if and when they fail.... Oh wait, Lexus drivers don't care about their cars 10 years down the road because they buy a new one every year or two. Never mind.

(Of course you realize now how I feel about options like this)

Reply to
Kruse

That's what they said about power windows 40 years ago

Reply to
Ollie

If I could get a car cheaper by having manual windows, I'd do it like a shot.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Probably cost more to get that in a car like a crown victoria ;)

Reply to
Picasso

no, no, that's so you don't need to take your mind off of your phone call :)

Matthew

Reply to
mandtprice

They paid the license inspector to pass them. This happens here all too frequently. Such an option should be illegal.

Reply to
who

When it fails it could take the car over a cliff. No further maintenance needed.

Right on, buyers of new expensive cars trade them frequently, then the suckers buy a deal that costs an arm and a leg for maintenance. >:)

Reply to
who

When one buys any used car, something the original owner no longer wanted, they are ALWAYS buying something that will cost an arm and a leg to maintance and repair ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter