Hybrid Lovers Read This and Lament

Page 3 of 7
joe schmoe apparently chose not to believe Cool Jet's sources when he said: "Seeing as you won't believe that here's a few other links to read: ".
Okay Joe, let me consider this - will I believe data provided by reputable sources from within the oil industry, i.e. The BP Statistical Review, The Oil & Gas Journal, The World Oil Organization OR should I believe your sources, i.e. Wired Magazine; a paper written by student, Matt Sexton, Physics 102; an unnamed author at AnswersdotCom; some unknown reporter (Mary O'Driscoll) from an unknown eenews organization; another unknown source called hubbertpeakdotcom. Hmmm, I think I'll stick with the well-known authorities within the oil industry. Joe, if you had taken the time to read the report at:
http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/international/reserves.html
you would have read Footnote 1. which states "Proved reserves are estimated quantities that analysis of geologic and engineering data demonstrates with reasonable certainty are recoverable under existing economic and operating conditions."
Joe, we are talking "proved reserves" here. Reserves that are economically feasible to recover now. Not 100 years from now!
Incidentally, even though the links you provided were from non-reputable sources, I have to point out the following:
Wired News article states: "Alberta sits atop the biggest petroleum deposit outside the Arabian peninsula - as many as 300 billion recoverable barrels. . .(By contrast, the entire Middle East holds an estimated 685 billion barrels that are recoverable.)". Joe, this verifies my position, not yours! And while the tar sands oil is said to be recoverable, much of it cannot presently be recovered on an economically feasible basis.
Your "AnswersdotCom" link provides no support whatsoever to your position and in fact bolsters my position when it says: "Extracting the oil from these sands is difficult and expensive."
Your "eenews" link also supports my position, not yours. The article focuses principally on developing cost effective ways of exploiting the tar sands. In other words, it is not presently cost effective!
Your "hubbertpeak" link states "the reserve considered to be technically recoverable". That speaks for itself Joe - it's technically recoverable, but it's not economically feasible at the present time. And that's what we're talking about here Joe - reality in the here-and-now!
Do you need any more proof Joe? Those were, after all, your sources!

Read the articles carefully or read other articles. You might just see that the "reserves" exist, just as the Gulf of Mexico and North Sea reserves existed long before they were being drawn from.
With regards to Middle East reserves being so large and easily accessible? You might want to read up on what the Saudies are resorting to of late so that they can meet pumping targets
Keep in mind every time you hear of a non western reserve calculation that the BreX Minerals gold reserves were "verified" and touted long before the "salting" allegations came up.
In the grand scheme of things I don't really care one way or another. Mankind will move past oil long before we run out of it. But if it will make you feel better "I agree with you, you are probably right".
:-)
joe schmoe stepped up to the plate and said: "But if it will make you feel better "I agree with you, you are probably right". "
'Nuff said. I feel much better, thank you Joe. I'll sleep tonight. ;-
You made all that up. And besides, we could free them from the Totalitarian Rule of Quebec.

Grin, Have to agree with you on this one.
The labour costs of "administering" an oil fiefdom tend to be the highest costs per hour of expended labour of any labour in the whole process

100% for development, management and profits On top of everything add marketing at least 200%
300 raw materials 700 labor 1.000 development, management and profits 4.000 marketing and sales ----------- 6.000
The more expensive the car the more is the relative cost of marketing and profits
500 raw materials 1.000 labor 4.500 development, management and profits 14.000 marketing and sales ----------- 20.000
What would you expect form a guy that says Mrs. Bush murder someone? LOL
mike
was motivated

What would you expect form a guy that says Mrs. Bush murder someone? LOL
mike
was motivated

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

What the fuck would you know about routain maintenance, Mr. Drive a POS vehicle with bald tires and no dash lights?

I change the oil every 1500 miles and grease the front end every 1000. And i change the air filter and plugs and rotor/cap every 10k or so. That's what i'm talking about. My present vehicle has 190K on it and is as happy as a republican at a bathhouse.
say this in rec.autos.driving on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 03:43:52 GMT:

How's that emergency brake doing, psycho??
--
Get back under your bridge, troll!

"Hey stupid - I've tried to fix it and i can't. The cable adjusting
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:
> ...And i change the air filter and plugs and rotor/cap every 10k or so. > That's what i'm talking about...
New plugs, rotor, and cap every 10k? That's not very smart.

Especially when using a flashlight to see the gauges and all the other things that are let go.
Bill Putney wrote:

I got an old car. Not old enough to have points mind you; it does use electronic ignition. But even with EI i don't believe that 30K miles stuff. Same with greasing the front end. Every 1000 miles sounds like overkill to some people but i think it's a good idea.
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

Only person I've ever known to switch the plugs out every 10k or so did so at the end of his vehicle's life, and ended up selling his POS beater for scrap. Damned thing belched so much smoke when it was running (which was rare) and it's idling (if it could be considered idling) was horrendous. Guy had to keep one foot on the brake and one on the gas at stop signs to make sure the thing wouldn't choke out.

Your current vehicle must be very old to require such frequent oil and plug changes. If it isn't old you're wasting the environment.
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE wrote:

Absolutely idiotic! Changing the oil at 3000 mile intervals is wasteful enough given that modern oils are generally good to 7000 or more miles, 1500 is just flat stupid. But what I'd expect from an "environmental responsibility is for everyone BUT me" liberal...

Here we go again!
NOT if that coincides with every three months on a grocery getter..
BUT!
Lubing joints that often MAY be bad... tends to burst boots and seals, leading to premature failure, UNLESS you are very careful.
you pay..DEAL with it!
on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 12:24:42 -0600:

Or a speed limits are for everyone BUT me nincompoop...
--

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?

Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Holy shit, you are making sense.

Then right on cue, you do a 180 and starting talking out of your ass. I suggest you go to China and drive an $8000 car. I think you will be unpleasantly surprised.
Replacing steel with other materials could help bring the weight of cars down, but the price is not going be anywhere near $8k. --------------- Alex