Hydraulic Valves on Duratec

On the Ford 3.0 Liter Duratec V6 24Valve engine do the valve buckets and shims need replacement at a specified mileage interval? Or are they self adjusting hydraulic valves that don't need adjusting? Twin
Cam Duratec 24 Valve Engine.
East.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have that engine in my wife's 2000 Taurus wagon. Other than the keys, retainers, springs, seals, stems, and guides, my reference material only mentions a hydraulic lash adjuster in the cylinder head teardown section. I never worked on this head, so I'm only going on what reading material I have.

Hydraulic.
Ed