Hypothetical Q

S'pose 'twere 1995, and you needed to buy a new at-or-near-full-size Ford-product passenger cah-cah.
Would you choose an MN12 (TBird, Cougar) or a Panther (Crown Vic, GM, Lincoln
TC)?
Why?
Cheers, Peetie

What an interesting question. I'm not sure how to answer. I'd probably have bought a Cougar because I like its looks. Of course, if you were asking my 1995 self, I'd have gone CV. I was a goofy 20 y.o. who thought the best car anyone could possibly ever buy was a Police Package CV. I wanted to have one of those and set some kind of record durability record. Even so, I like the looks of the Merc versions better than the ford versions in both chassis.
Frankly, I don't know how you could go wrong with that drivetrain, properly maintained.
CJB
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 18:58:40 GMT, Peetie Wheatstraw

You'll rarely go wrong with a Panther, although I wouldn't care much for theTC line. Too many expensive extras to go bad.

Because that's the way it is.
Peetie Wheatstraw wrote:

Tbird. 4.6 style of course Style, reliable drive train. Mind you, i have only had crown vic's :)

I neglected to specify V8 ...

Is interesting ...
I woulda thought some would prefer MN12 for somewhat less weight and somewhat better steering/handling.
Peetie

If you're retarded, I apologize in advance. If you're not, grow up.
That would depend on how much money had to spend
mike