I DID IT!

Hi All, We picked up our new car the night of the 14th :) We bought a V6 Mustang though and not the V8, my husband said he figures the gas is only going
to go up and not down(probable), plus, we wouldn't have been able to get the Torch Red color we wanted. They had to go get this one from a team member dealership earlier in the day, the other dealership hung onto the spare key because if we didn't take it their was someone else that wanted it-they sure are popular. The salesperson was kind enough to go out of her way to drive to my house yesterday to deliver the other key. Now that is service!
Besides this is enough horses-grrreat pick up :) We didn't even test drive it, mostly because the dealership had a more than half flooded parking lot (Houston) and it was raining still, we checked the mirrors for blind spots and the back seat for our sons comfort and made the deal, waited for an hour and out we went with a new Pony, singing: To the Barbie Girl song:
I'm a Ponygirl, ( he said BOY ha)- in a Mustang World, It's Fantastic, 'cause it's a Classic....
I just love it! And thank you for all your great suggestions, I tried them all but the love for this car won out ;) And it is high enough by the way. One person I know has a really low profile on their 2001 'Stang, I was worried they all where like that. I have never been a Ford person so I didn't know-person who wrote nasty in reply should be ashamed of himself. This one is perfect! (needs bigger tires though!)
My dad and I always talked about building a 60's Mustang together-he would have taught me a lot along the way, he was a top notch mechanic for over 20 years, but passed on with cancer before we could get together to build it. I thought it was a nice touch though, that the manager said, "your dad is smiling in heaven"--awe. The dealership was awesome to us! BTW, anyone out here thinking about getting one, better hurry as production stops before the summer of '06. He said that they where only going to make them for one year, but they where so proud of them, and sold so many they decided to go on a little longer. They are already working on a new style. I was inspired to see people so in love with the cars and trucks they sell, really made a difference. Beth

Uh.. here's a word to the wise, NEVER believe what a dealer says about model longevity.
When you read it in an automotive trade mag that's when you start to think about it. And if there's a change I'll bet it will be a facelift like 86 to 87 and 98 to 99

Of COURSE the dealers love the Mustangs... they get people in the door.
And now... if you cant take Kate, you'd better go to:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=V6+Mustang+forums&btnG=Search
And pick a couple of enthusiast forums.
Otherwise we're replicating the Mustang NG.
Congrats, wish I had one
you pay..DEAL with it!