I'm angry at Ford!

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Jimz466) wrote in news:20040217213000.21805.00001783@mb- m25.aol.com:

She sounded cute on the phone. I will describe her in detail for you after I pick up the van on Friday. I'll try to get her number for you.

Reply to
Matt

Ford interiors are ugly, but they hold up pretty well at least in comparison to the Chryslers and GMs I've had. Both have gotten a lot better in recent years, though.

Reply to
Rich

There's a reason Ford is about to slip out of 2nd place...

You forgot Canada and Mexico ;)

I didn't wonder after it failed and I did research into it (yea, I know, backwards) and then found the ridiculous amount of problems with the Ford trannies. If I would have known about it beforehand, there's no way I would have touched it. Now I know better :)

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

Ok, Thomas, instead of your typical abrasive response like the above, would you please inform everyone, including clueless me, of how much it would cost for a dealership to repair this issue. 1994 Tempo with a 2.3 liter and a broken piston. Don't forget, the head was trashed also. No cylinderwall damage tho. This way maybe we can learn about "shop charges". Break it down for us. Show us the right answer.

Reply to
Jimz466

Why do you always tell people to do research. Do you? Just another typical abrasive response.

Reply to
Jimz466

Thomas, So inform us. What are they really looking for? Provide information vice abrasive comments. As far as I'm aware, as with all industries, its all about $$.

Reply to
Jimz466

"crumple zones" lol

Reply to
Rich

Then your comments about it being "stronger" is using a different version of the term than 95% of us consider it to be.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Wow. For that price, you could put in a custom manual transmission including all the fabrication. Yikes.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Reply to
Thomas Moats

And how the crumple zone reacts while absorbing energy. Metallurgy plays a very big role in it.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Well in a way yes. I can just as easily put a dent in the side of a vehicle built in the 70's as one built in the current year. That is not quite showing the strength of the material. When the part is formed and how is where the strength comes from. How the metal reacts to out side forces like when that part hits a tree. That is what I'm talking about in strength. Modern sheet metal reacts different from sheet metal used 20 years ago. The thinner metal used today does as well if not better than sheet metal used in the past. As I've said, I'm not a metallurgist. This is information that is passed on in the industry and it is even made publicly known.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

My do you have a thin skin or what? How was that abrasive? It appears as if I hit the nail on the head, unless some body ass-kisses in perfect agreement you fly off. I knew you had very little amount of experience, you only acknowledged that when corned. You are caught so now your pissed off.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Look, jimmyz is a bigshot, one of his parent companies owns several junk yards! wow, Jim. And you aren't giving anyone any deals for parts here? And why you on AOL if your a bigshot! figure you would be on DSL or something better!

Search Result 4 From: Jimz466 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) Subject: Re: Question on Ignition Module. View: Complete Thread (12 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang Date: 2001-03-02 22:48:05 PST

For 50 bucks, I'll go to some of the salvage yards owned by my parent company and get you an ignition module (or 2) if you want.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
hartless

That's all pretty funny, but you're mistaken. Please cut and paste any flames I've posted, as I'd be interested in seeing them. If it really matters, I have a cable modem. Some people are fortunate enough to have it easily available. As I said. I visit and lurk to learn. Never said I was an expert. Said I used to do some side work. Is there a problem with that?. Show me any response I've ever made to a question that was insulting. Every response I've read from TM is abrasive. Including his first post as a reply about the transmission proble the guy had. Try reading it. I suppose I can go back and quote some of TMs responses.

Reply to
Jimz466

From the first response you gave to the original post.......................................

Abrasive.............

Abrasive yet again.............

Abrasive yet agin.........

Actually, every single thing you wrote was rude and/or abrasive. People come here to ask qustions or advice. You seem to go out of your way to be abrasive with your responses.

But , then again, isn't that why you're here? Do you talk to your customers like that? If you owned your own repair shop and had an employee who spoke the same way to customers, would you find it acceptable? If you did, how long would you be in business? Do you think anyone would come back? Maybe you don't see (or maybe not capable of seeing) how genuinely abrasive you are. Did you do all

30+ years in a shop as a mechanic? Have you done anything else? These are honest, straight up questions. Maybe you need to step back and re-evaluate yourself. All you've really done so far is attack me..why?? I'm just a joe nobody. Show me why I deserve to be attacked........Show me where I've insulted someone.......
Reply to
Jimz466