I'm angry at Ford!

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Gotta save the passengers against the rogue shopping cart by sacrificing the entire door - just to be safe...

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Now it's time of my favorite personal quote:

"There is no substitute for mass."

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Mass, especially in the older cars have proven to be very unsafe although one would like to argue that because the car does not seem to have at lot of damage if any at all.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

IIRC, a Volvo 240 did just fine in crash tests. So did my old Buick. The Dodge Neon I had for 3-4 months, OTOH, was a deathtrap. Like driving around in a coffin - at least they can bury what's left of you in it. Tinny, nasty little car. Breathe on it too hard and it got a ding in the doors. Push on something too hard and the plastic nearly broke.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

When hit in a little "cat cart" like a Neon by say a...........Excursion mass is a big factor as well as the contact area of the bumper of the big car on the little car. In that fight the driver or occupant of the Neon is in a big disadvantage.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
dmtaurus

Mercury,

I think he's refering to me. He says he caught me in some lies, but I don't quite know what he's talking about. Maybe he'll point them out.....................thats a hint, Tom..........If he considers some stuff I posted as lies, then I think I can easily post a few lies(?) he made also.........

Jim (not Gary, right hartless???)

Reply to
Jimz466

dmtaurus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@surfbest.net:

I didn't get any info from the dealer on the first owner, so i can't comment on that. However, I picked up the car from the dealer yesterday and paid my bill of about 550.00 which covers my portion of the after warranty adjustment. They put a new transmission in the vehicle. I have a few questions now though if anyone might be willing to respond. Should I have received an actual warranty for the new transmission? I was told that it was good for six years or 60,000 miles but I have nothing that says that. I only have the bill for the amount that I was charged. I'm also curious about the old trannie. What do they do with it? Do they keep it around and use parts out of it for other jobs? And if I were to ask, could they tell me exactly what was wrong with it? Since it's no longer in the van? From two days of driving with it, we're pretty happy with the way it all shook out. Yes, we had to shell out some bucks, but compared to a rebuilt or remanufactured trannie, I think we did ok. Thanks to all who responded to the original post. Thomas, I found nothing abrasive in your remarks. I perceived you to be a straight shooter. Matt (lurker and ocassional poster) P.S. Jennifer is slightly overweight but otherwise pleasant!

Reply to
Matt

Being as it was a warranty adjustment they may have to send it back to Ford as a core charge, or perhaps they keep it around and rebuild it for the next job. If you got away for $550 with labor you stole it. Also get that warranty info *in writing*. After the new trannie breaks in you may want to consider a flush and fill with some good synthetic to keep such an occurrence from happening again, such as Amsoil universal ATF, and perhaps an in-line tranny filter, and a tranny cooler. You learn a lot about bad Ford transmissions when you've owned one ;)

For the price you got parts and labor for, you stole it. My shot Ford trannie cost $1300.

Define slightly ;)

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

OK, she's not exactly a petite girl. Does that clarify? Thanks so much for your reply. I appreciate it.

Reply to
Matt

No problem, good luck :)

-GV