I need a car doctor.

I am having a problem with my car. I just started experiencing car problem. I mean I know that basics to what the problem can be but I am unsure now. I have a "99" Mercury Mystic. And it?s just started acting up. I checked the oil the transmission and the radiator and its got nothing to do with it. At first it was just low of transmission fluid and I fixed that but now my car doesn?t want to run like normal. the check the engine light in my car is on but I can take it to the shop cause I have no $$$$$ to fix what ever is wrong with it. But when I put in the transmission fluid Tuesday it was running perfect but now I can?t seem to figure out what?s the matter with my car. It runs but when I press the gas for it to go it stalls, and when it does runs it just jerks a lot when I try to go fast in the car. I mean it won?t even go past 30 miles and HR. I need some help....

Reply to
Lotolavea

well step one you need to read the ecm codes and post em here.... thats obdII so you will need a code reader i believe.

Reply to
Rob

When you added transmission fluid, did you have the car running? The proper procedure is to start the car and warm it up, set the park brake, and add fluid until it reads between the marks on the dipstick. Also, make sure you are on a level surface.

It sounds like you added fluid when the car was off and either you added too much or not enough. Now, honestly, I don't know how much of a difference that really makes, but I know for sure it shouldn't set off your Check Engine light. It almost sounds like the tranny fluid is still too low. You also have to make sure you are using the proper transmission fluid, which should be Mercon or Mercon III (check your owners manual).

I would also take it and have the codes read for free as I doubt adding tranny fluid will shut off the Check Engine light.

Sharky

Reply to
Sharky

You need to get your OBDII computer scanned. You can do it for free at autozone.

The problem is not with your transmission.

If you don't get this fixed soon, it will even be more expensive.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff