I need help with a 91 Escort GT

Can anyone help me? My '91manual ford escort gt one day wouldn't start, it turns over but wont start. I have checked the coil, and pick-up coil and of corse the
battery and I still can't figure it out... has anyone had this problem?...can you help?

Did you check to see if it had spark?
Also, it could be a problem with the fuel not getting to the cylinders. Do you know if fuel is getting to the cylinders?
Jeff

You need 3 things for the engine to run. Fuel, spark, and air. They also must do their thing at the right time.
You can test for spark by pulling a plug and plug it back into the plug wire. Ground the threads of the plug and watch for spark across the gap while someone cranks the starter.
You can do a simple test for fuel by simply pressing the shraeder valve on the fuel rail and seeing if it sprays fuel. It should spray. I'll bet it doesn't. Even if it does, that doesn't mean that it's sufficient pressure, but you should be able to at least see if you have pressurized fuel.
You should also ask yourself if the engine sounds the same when you crank it. If the timing has jumped it sometimes sounds different as you crank it.
My guess is that you have no/insufficient fuel. Check to make sure the safety switch hasn't been tripped.
By the way, test for spark before you spray fuel all over the engine. LOL
CJB

I'd start with really simple stuff.. Did the impact/rollover switch get tripped in the trunk?