I've replaced the starter, but...

I've replaced the starter, but when I try to start my 2002 Taurus, it just goes CLICK, CLICK, CLICK...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jimmy Roberts jkr1963 at verizon dot net

Reply to
Jimmy Roberts

... and when I disconnected the lead to the "S" terminal and tried jumping it to the positive battery terminal, it just goes CLICK, CLICK, CLICK, too.

Thanks, again, for any help!

Jimmy Roberts jkr1963 at verizon dot net

Reply to
Jimmy Roberts

It was a dead battery...

Reply to
Jimmy Roberts

Aren't you glad you tested things first, before you ran out and wasted money on parts you didn't need?

Reply to
What a goober

If the battery is good, then the solenoid contacts have burned out.

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.