IAT typical resistance (escort 1.6 EFI 1991)

the car runs erratically, stutters and so on, only if IAT is connected. If i disconnect it, everything goes back to normal. Oxygen sensor replaced with no significant impact.

What is the tipical resistance of the IAT sensor? Mine reads about 22kOhm at ~15*C, 11kOhm while the engine is running at 25*C ambient temperature. Do I have to reset the ECU after replacing oxygen sensor? I left the battery negative terminal disconnected for few minutes, don't know if that did the trick, 'cause the car still isn't running smoothly, mildly put :-)

(IAT= intake air temperature sensor, NTC resistor screwed in the inlet manifold, 2 wires connection)

appreciate any info. thanks.

Reply to
Vedran Parac

hey focktard i would check for vacume leaks and clean maff

hurc ast

Reply to
wetbackhh

AFAIK there ain't no MAF in 1.6 EFI '91. Only IAT and MAP.

Reply to
Vedran Parac

the chiltons for the taurus had a chart with temp vs. resistance, might see if it does for yours.

Reply to
Petebert

lmfao ya foctard thats for the temp sender

Reply to
abbotsford90210

lmfao if your that smart then why dont ya know that a coil that is 7k ohms is pretty much open

h u r c a s t

Reply to
abbotsford90210

well, I've been online for quite a few years, any your dialect is somewhat mistic to me.... NHF, but what the heck is "focktard", "hurcast", "7kOhm coil"

'cause you are trying to help, that's what I understand newsgroups are for... helping others with your knowledge...

I am not native english, so pardon me for asking something that might be so obvious to you...

but in the meantime... haynes worshop manual did the trick, there are IAT resistance values specified, and there is obviously another problem... I hardwired an 40kOhm resistor in place of the IAT, and the engine still did not perform as it should. Stuttering, pinking, unpredictable low rpm (

Reply to
Vedran Parac

"Petebert" wrote

(Coolant/air sensor chart omitted)

Awww, you went and showed dippy that you were right. You know what happens now, don't you? He changes the subject to something stupid, tries to make fun of you by changing your name, and asks you "what's the impedence of a DC circuit".

Reply to
MasterBlaster

either that, or it will tell us that it knew the answer all along, but was waiting to see if someone else knew.

if nothing else, we are educating the rectal orifice and making it a more knowledgeable, better mekanik "MasterBlaster" something stupid, tries to make fun of you by changing your name,

Reply to
tom