ID a Ford Thunderbird

I saw a couple ford (well 1 ford, and one lincoln) on much music last night, not sure who this band was, but they rolled in with two cars from the late 70's with hydraulics.
the thunderbird had the round windows on the backseats on each side while hte front looked the same/similar to the 1978's... which years had these?
Picasso wrote:

The 77-79 was unique in that the headlamps were dual-not-quad large round headlamps behind vacuum actuated doors.
Is this the type you were thinking of?
I can't recall any year T-Bird that had round opera windows. The 77-79 had angular 4-sided glass panels in & behind the "Landau bar" c-pillars.
Rob
trainfan1 wrote:

Could the car with the round (oval?) opera windows have been a Lincoln? Many Lincolns had those.
Not 'many' only the Mark V
No 'many,' only the Mark VI ;)
mike

Mike Hunter wrote:

Only the VI? I didn't know that.

True but my response was to the poster who said many Lincolns had oval windows ;)
mike

Check this page (http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/tbird_history.html ), courtesy the Super Coupe Club of Iowa, for photos covering the T'Bird's production life. From memory, the only ones with round portholes in the hardtop were the classic '55 thru '57 models, and the 2002 - 2004(?) retro models.
--
George Ruch
"Is there life in Clovis after Clovis Man?"