idles start problem - 93 Ford Escort

Hello,
I have a 93 Ford escort and when I start it up the rpm goes to approx 1000/1500 as it should but then drops below 200 as if it would stall but
then goes back to normal and is fine after.
It seems to do this hot/cold. Any help would be nice.
Thank you!

start with cleaning the idle control valve, might be 'sticky' from the symptom described.
Do NOT use carb cleaner! Check for Throttle Body cleaner or similar.