If you drive an F-150 Pickup

If you drive an F-150, you should consider using an "Edge Evolution Programmer"

I bought and installed the programmer about 4 weeks ago. It has improved my performance greatly. The truck runs better and shifts better. I did my first long trip yesterday (150 miles) and I am getting 23.5 miles per gallon now.

My truck is a 1999 F-150 with 5.4 litre v-8 with auto trans. It is the supercab model, with the following modifications. I run 18" wheels,

265/60/18 tires, cat-back flowmaster dual exhaust, and a K&N style cold air intake. And it now does 0-60 in 8.6 seconds. Not bad for a heavy pickup.

You can't beat the Programmer for improving the 5.4 litre engine.

Ron in Tampa Bay

Reply to
Ron Crismond

AT the risk of seeming dumb, what is a Programmer? Why do I have the feeling I'm biting on SPAM? Bob-tx

Reply to
Bob

The programmer is a device for retuning the PCM of the engine, and IT WORKS. My brother put one on his 150. He has setting for economy and for power. His economy stting makes the engine both a lot more tractable, and a lot easier on fuel. It pulls his ATV trailer a lot better, gets off the line a lot smoother, and gets a lot better mileage. It ALMOST passes the E test as well. Can't remember the numbers, but it is almost dead clean on all but one if I remember correctly.

On the power setting, which DEMANDS hightest, it goes like STINK and drinks like a fish.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

[snip]

I'm guessing an automatic transmission is necessary? Could it work in a 1992 standard transmission?

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

1996 or newer only - it works on the OBD2 system. Standard or automatic - the automatic reprograms the tranny as well. ** Posted from
**