If you drive an F-150 Pickup

If you drive an F-150, you should consider using an "Edge Evolution Programmer"
I bought and installed the programmer about 4 weeks ago. It has improved
my performance greatly. The truck runs better and shifts better. I did my first long trip yesterday (150 miles) and I am getting 23.5 miles per gallon now.
My truck is a 1999 F-150 with 5.4 litre v-8 with auto trans. It is the supercab model, with the following modifications. I run 18" wheels, 265/60/18 tires, cat-back flowmaster dual exhaust, and a K&N style cold air intake. And it now does 0-60 in 8.6 seconds. Not bad for a heavy pickup.
You can't beat the Programmer for improving the 5.4 litre engine.
Ron in Tampa Bay

AT the risk of seeming dumb, what is a Programmer? Why do I have the feeling I'm biting on SPAM? Bob-tx

WORKS. My brother put one on his 150. He has setting for economy and for power. His economy stting makes the engine both a lot more tractable, and a lot easier on fuel. It pulls his ATV trailer a lot better, gets off the line a lot smoother, and gets a lot better mileage. It ALMOST passes the E test as well. Can't remember the numbers, but it is almost dead clean on all but one if I remember correctly.
On the power setting, which DEMANDS hightest, it goes like STINK and drinks like a fish.
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada> wrote in message

[snip]
I'm guessing an automatic transmission is necessary? Could it work in a 1992 standard transmission?
The Ranger
On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:13:17 -0700, "The Ranger"

automatic - the automatic reprograms the tranny as well.