Ignition Key Lock Question for 1972 LTD

A few months ago I replaced the ignition switch on the 1972 LTD. The new one works very good but there is still a problem that I noticed before the old
one failed. I had noticed that after I started the car I had to use a slight force to bring the key back to the normal "ON" position so the windows and radio would turn On. I thought or hoping that the new switch would fix the problem. The ignition switch does have a spring to pull the switch lever back from the Start position, but it doesn't seem to have enough push to bring it to the On position without a little help. At the time I purchased the ignition switch I also purchased a new Key lock which I have yet to install. Does the key lock also have a spring to pull the key position to the On position after starting the car. Thank you
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:25:06 -0700, "pestocat"

binding.
Finally replaced the Key lock. Been busy with other things. Was easy to do once I figured out how to press that little button. The biggest issue probably was not the key lock, but the rod that the ignition switch is attached to in the steering column. I used a little WD40 and that really fixed the problem. Now when I start the car, the key position snaps back as it should. Thank you for all the assistance.