Ignition Lock Stuck -- Help

1988 Grand Marquis GS
My ignition lock is fouled and stuck in off.
Now the embarrassing details...
A McDonald's sweet & sour sauce ruptured in my jacket pocket all over my
keys. When I got in the car, I shoved the key in and immediately thought "that went in awful stiff." So I yanked it out and sure enough, there was sand and crud from the bottom of my pocket all stuck to the key. It had partially dried, like half-set glue. Now the lock cylinder won't turn, I imagine the pins got stuck "up" as the key was inserted.
Any ideas how to "wash out" the cylinder in place?? Can I just blast some hot water in there to dissolve the sugar? I would disconnect the battery first, of course. I only need it to turn once, then I can replace it.
Otherwise, how do I get this out without turning to "run" to use the release pin??
--= DJ =--
First off, you shouldn't eat at McDonalds... all the burger joints that used to bring a burger cooked especially for you right to your car, died with the heat lamped, almost beef travesty offered by these sorts of places... I miss them dearly (met Mrs mechanic at one)
Second, WTF is with these little packets of condiments and why would one have one in his/her pocket????
If one of these condiment packets ruptured with no outside impetous, I would be real worried about what I was eating.... If I had one burst in my pocket because of outside impetous, I would reconsider what I am doing....
If I had a key full of "goo", I'm reasonably sure I would notice when I grabbed the key... and you are doing well at getting the key in without a glance....even with the large "guide".
Lastly, if you had a lot of crud in your pocket, you might consider rescheduling your hygenic endeavours.
You might consider either brake cleaner, WD40 (as suggested), penetrating oil or some really small pieces of chicken strips....

Happy Meals = Happy Children

Um... It ruptured 'cause my keys were in there too. Being a left-handed person, I purposely put the packet in my right pocket. I always (well obviously not "always") keep my keys in the left.

yes, I have the dexterity to blindly get the key in the slot but failed to notice it was sticky.

got me there.

PB Blaster (what I had on hand) into the key slot. The oil dripped on black. It was really nasty. After 15 minutes of spraying, wiping, wiggling, and tapping; it finally turned. I went straight to AZ and got a new lock cylinder.
Thanks for your help. I'm glad you had a good laugh.

I know I did, thanks for that :-)
It was fun reading a post thats not blaming the technicians, manufacturers and everybody else on this world except themselves for there own faults
it take a wise man to admit that
Any body else would be crying why there ign.lock didn't come with a condiment safety valve
I'm glad its fixed.

FIRST use a spray electronic/contact cleaner with extension tip, THEN WD40 or loc-ease spray
you pay..DEAL with it!