Ignition to transmission link

I've found my ignition key can be difficult to remove from the ignition of my 95 Escort wagon (automatic). Jiggling the shifter, I can remove it.

Is there a mechanical link between the shifter and ignition and if so can it be adjusted or does it need replacing?

Cheers

Cam

Reply to
cmcdto

well, my girlfriend has a 1995 Tracer, and she was experiencing the same problem.

I told her to take it to a locksmith before it got worse......... it finally would not release the key at all, and the lock cylinder had to be replaced.

you can fix it now, or fix it later....

Reply to
Markansas