In-dash CD player for 1998 Escort?

Was there ever an aftermarket in-dash CD player available for the '98 Escort/Tracer? My wife's car has the baseline radio-only, I've been looking for an upgrade on eBay but only see the cassette model.

My Wife's '99 Escort has a plain Jane Blaupunkt, there should be some available for the '98. Most of the cars out in the yard have the tape player though.
Bill

You have to buy a new instrumentation face plate $50+ from an aftermarket dealer and then any cd player will instal.

Here are a few options in different price ranges. http://www.installer.com/kits / http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gYobCvBSB17/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?wm=fp&I 0995720&gu1 http://ca.shop.com/amos/cc/main/catalog/_x_/Etronics-American-International-FM-K1360-Ford-Escort-Mercury-Tracer-Installation-Kit/ccsyn/898/pcd/10151856

DB wrote:

Thanks for the links!! I didn't think of approaching it like that; I sort of assumed that Ford had an in-dash CD for the Mercury version at least, so that's why I was looking in that direction.