In-dash CD player for 1998 Escort?

Was there ever an aftermarket in-dash CD player available for the '98 Escort/Tracer? My wife's car has the baseline radio-only, I've been looking for an upgrade on eBay but only see the cassette model.

Reply to
larwe

My Wife's '99 Escort has a plain Jane Blaupunkt, there should be some available for the '98. Most of the cars out in the yard have the tape player though.

Reply to
berkshire bill

You have to buy a new instrumentation face plate $50+ from an aftermarket dealer and then any cd player will instal.

Reply to
DB

Thanks for the links!! I didn't think of approaching it like that; I sort of assumed that Ford had an in-dash CD for the Mercury version at least, so that's why I was looking in that direction.

Reply to
larwe