In defense of the gasoline-powered internal combustion engine

Really? A Ford Duratec engine looks nothing like an original Diamler or Otto engine.

Your argument is like saying that we should use gas stoves because it uses millennia-old technology (fire).

JEff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Once again, our friend Mike Hunter is showing the effects of drinking too much alcohol before typing.

Jeff

Reply to
dr_jeff

Little dr jeffy is losing his argument again so he likes to call people names and and and be nasty as he rides the subway, types on his laptop while using the wi-fi for free, LOL.

Little jeffy is a dr you know. LOL.

Reply to
dbu''

So even you can't define "its" in that poorly written bit of prose. Oh, well, not surprising.

Reply to
PeterD

Next.

Reply to
Conscience

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news:4b5b857a$0$2501$ snipped-for-privacy@news-radius.ptd.net:

What?

Reply to
Tegger

Conscience wrote in news:hjg3ta$nkl$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Sorry, but this sentence appears to contradict itself.

Someone would want the demise of emissions controls but be unwilling to give his up?

Reply to
Tegger

No contradiction at all.

Look at Gore. He wants internal combustion engines gone, while he drives around in SUVs, limos, and private jets.

All I'm saying is that their elitists. Period.

They should first eschew their personal use, then ask others to do the same.

Reply to
Conscience

Conscience wrote in news:hjii2s$2ge$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

Then maybe you meant to put your sentence the other way: wanting the strict /imposition/ of emissions controls for others, but not for one's self.

Reply to
Tegger

I see what you mean, but I've heard some of these people want the complete elimination of ICEs for everyone ELSE.

If one seriously advocates complete elimination of the ICE, then they're the ones that should start the ball rolling by giving their up first.

But they won't.

Reply to
Conscience

Could you please take a remedial English course, and learn to use English properly? "Their"? WTF?

Reply to
PeterD

Reply to
Mike Hunter

You must be a liberal-democrat. While being technically correct, your mind isn't sophisticated enough to overlook the error and move on without a jab instead of a reasonable retort. You feel the need to piss people off, because you are an Obama sheeples.

Gore to hypocritical POS. Like they said, it was all about the money. Not abbout the cause, even Obama is proving the righties on this. Obama the talk and spend a lot promises to buy America out of debt.

LMAO. Liberals are scum.

Reply to
Canuck57