In need of opinions / knowledge please!!!!

I am trying to figure out the problems with my 2002 ford windstar van. here is the first scenario --- cold -- first run of the day -- when you start
it idles extremely high... 3000 rpm for quite a while then idles down. when you put into -R- it really wants to go and in a hurry...idles up and takes off. second scenario -- if you are in a line up - drive through --- idleing while in -D- then take your foot off the brake to move foreward.. it really wants to go.. you put your foot back on the brake and it is really pulling against it.. like it is possessed and want to drive right into the car in front if im not awake it can catch you by surprise. third scenario --- backing out of a parking stall at a mall or store etc etc.. slowly backing out and turning with foot on the brake... wants again to go! but if you hold your foot on the brake long enough.. it will stall out.
I have taken it to the shop and no codes found on the engine tester and we replaced the Throttle position sensor yesterday hoping this was the issue but nothing has changed. reacting the same.
PLease if anyone can help me out I will really appreciate it.. before I spend hundreds of dollars replacing unesscessary parts.
Thanks for yout time.
golfer wrote:

IAC valve. Don't try to clean it, just replace it.

While it could very well be an IAC it sounds to me more like a vac leak.

And yet many times they do not. But yes if it's bad enough to raise the idle speed that much I would expect to see some lean codes. Bob

throttle closed and the rpm is 1100, it SHOULD set an IAC code. Not sure on that model though.

The FIRST thing you do is have its Control module scanned for any codes set... then come back here with them THE CODES!!!!
Autozone does it.
Also does cruise control work properly? - - - -- - - -- - -- - - - - - - - -- - Also you migft want to know that this intellectual property has nothing to do with the site you are using... it is on network newsgroups which existed long before the World Wide Web. I've been posting on here for over ten years and never HEARD of Autoboardz until a month or so ago
Also the REAL cache for all the messages is Google Groups... if you insist on using a web based facility, at least use the one which has cached all of them, at least back to 95... and on which you can search for similar problems... that would be google groups.
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Sat, 06 Jan 2007 03:03:46 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

He just said there are NO CODES. Strange, because an IAC problem should throw a code if it is an IAC problem (computer calling for X rpm, getting X+ rpm). I'd be looking at the cables or the floormats first.

clare wrote:

The IACV sticking won't always throw a code, BTDT; it could also be the gasket leaking UNDER the IAC valve.

Or a vac leak somewhere else
clare at snyder.on.ca wrote:

Yeah... geezer brain fart, skipped that part somehow.
I just had a thought, though. Mentions braking involved...Brake booster.
Golfer... if it does this often... take it to a wide open space. See if it does it. If so, then disconnect the vacuum line to brake booster and plug it. Go thru the scenario again, if it no longer happens, there's your vacuum leak... and it probably wouldnt throw a code
you pay..DEAL with it!
Check all your vacuum lines, especially tees... ABS tees sometimes crack and as the engine torques slightly the crack may open.

you pay..DEAL with it!