Increase efficiency of rotating shaft.

I am mechanical engineering student . I described one mechanical engineering situation that is very useful in any kind of mechanical and energy consumed industries. It it is not even in any applied mechanics book. I hope you will try to understand it and use it. Plz visit my website

Patel

Reply to
jigar

Yes! If you calculated JUST right, you would become so efficient that there would be more work output than put in. And you only have to hook the output shaft to the input shaft, give it a spin and it would drive itself.

Now.. YOU say 'what if I assumed zero-friction bearings' to which I say, they is no more than 100% efficient.

Otherwise, all you have done is redescribe the pulley based lift/force/torque conversion.

Sorta like a 'mechanical superconductor'..except those require external input of energy to cool them to NEAR 100 percent efficient conduction.

  • * * * ** * ** * * * * * *

How about kudo's to mass teleportation on light, instead.. that apparently has been done on the multi-molecular level.

Beam me up, Lars!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

From: jig_patel snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (jigar) I am mechanical engineering student . I described one mechanical engineering situation that is very useful in any kind of mechanical and energy consumed industries. It it is not even in any applied mechanics book. I hope you will try to understand it and use it. Plz visit my website

Patel

---------- hi jigar - have you made a working model of what you are talking about?

as i read this and visited your website, i'm reminded of a similar situation in the electrical world.

first, i will address the mechanical world. since gravity is equal on both objects that you are trying to overcome, the use of pulleys will have to take into the account of coefficient of friction loss by the mechanics of the pulleys themselves and that is where the rub comes from.

next, the electrical world - when you have electromotive force (EF) produced, you will produce a counter electromotive force.

basically, this all goes back to newton's law on equal and opposite reactions.

but in the case of the electric world, one can look at this in terms of a flat nosed barge pushing it's way through water. the faster, it tries to go, the more of a resistive wave is set up in front of the flat nose of the barge. this is the opposition to movement of the barge. reducing the speed, reduces the resistive wave, but still, it will never be equal, to where you can produce movement without getting some form of resistance.

i did see a show where someone supposedly produced a perpetual motion machine that produced a flash of neon light each time it passed thru the field to show that energy was being produced, all the while of not losing motion, but that was 20 years ago and i've not seen this concept brought forward and developed yet.

so, how does all of this address your pulley system using gravity? while you might be able to produce on paper - a working model - the real world has the friction factor to deal with.

to bring this point to light even more so, on paper, cars are mechanical and suppose to be the same and produced the same and get the same gas mileage, but we all know that there can be quite a difference in gas mileage even if the same driver was to drive them. it's in the make up of the mechanics of the vehicle that makes the difference. why? because of the energy it took to overcome the resistance of movement. the opposition to movement - for example - air - remains a constant, so why the difference in fuel consumption?

this is what mechanical engineering is all about. enjoy your field and i want to wish you a success in what you trying to accomplish.

~curtis

knowledge is power - growing old is mandatory - growing wise is optional "Many more men die with prostate cancer than of it. Growing old is invariably fatal. Prostate cancer is only sometimes so."

c palmer

It is not in an applied mechanics book because it is a perpetual motion machine.

You might find it in a book about the flat-earth hypothesis and/or creationism, although this particular howler predates Christianity by a long, long way.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

I hope your engineering is better than your web page design....

Reply to
Jim Warman