Increase Taurus High Altitude Performance ?

I'll be moving to Denver soon. I know the 5000 foot elevation really reduces engine performance. Is there anything that can be done to improve Taurus engine performance in this environment?
Thanks, Bill
You should consider checking out www.tauruscarclub.com There's a ton of information there, and I'm sure there are folks who could help you with this problem.
CJ

maybe supercharger?
Nic

Not an issue. The car will have the ability to automatically adapt to thinner air by way of the computerized fuel and ignition systems.
yes the computerized fuel injection system will adjust itself.

Well, yes, it does adjust the fuel/air mixture correctly for the lower air pressure. However, this equates to less fuel and air entering the cylinders and less power.

About the only thing he could do about that would be to put on a turbocharger.
In posted on 10 Oct 2003 21:29:52 GMT:

My old '95 Chevy S-10 must have been defective. I couldn't go faster than 15-20 miles per hour at the top of that huge mountain on the west side of Denver when I was moving to Washington state. Of course, the bed of my truck was fully loaded, and actually overloaded a bit thanks to my friend who was moving with me and insisted that I haul all the heavy canned food, china dinnerware, his china and other stuff. Still, the engine performance was totally embarrassing. I had to ride in the same lane as all those 18-wheelers that were creeping up the side of the mountain. My friend just zipped right up the hill in his Monte Carlo like it was nothing.
Damaeus

That's your whole problem: it was a Chevy.
Aren't you in the wrong newsgroup?
In

No. I drive a '98 Sable now. Note the intentional use of the word "old '98 Chevy S-10".
Damaeus
Damaeus wrote:

My 4.6 (97 Bird) gets better mileage than our 89 S-10 four banger. Go figure.
Frank

Well, I'll go ya one.
I moved back east in 1987, pulling a loaded to the gills 6 X 12 foot U-Haul with a '69 LTD wagon, 429 stock, 2V.
I chose to go the "scenic" route on US 50 through Colorado, like an idiot.
I didn't know there was a 12,500 summit on that route.
I went up at 25 MPH with the pedal floored, and cars piling up behind me constantly.
That 429 pulled that huge load and never topped 200 on the temp gauge.
It may not have gone fast, but it went.