Inertia Switch - 2005 Ranger

PRAISE !!!

I hadn't heard of vapor lock since the 60's.

Would've thought the right elec. pump and a larger diameter line would've covered the FI, VL bases ...

As usual, I Believe Every Word they Say. The Ford inertia switch has been an industry orphan for 11+ years ...

Much thanks to aarcuda69062 for some very interesting info.

There's nice guys in this forum. They don't wanna hear me rant. So I won't.

But nowadaze it's easy to create your own bumper sticker. I'm gonna get started on mine today:

---------------------------------------------------| | I Drove For 9 Years With A Ford Inertia Switch | | AND FLOGGING LIVED TO TELL ABOUT IT!!! | ---------------------------------------------------

:-) (-:

Cheers, Puddin'

Reply to
Puddin' Man

replying to Geof, scarab wrote: I started having the problem too. MY 2005 Ranger will just quit in traffic. We have replaced the fuel pump and it worked good for about 2 weeks,But now it started stalling again. If you find out the cause and solution, please post it.

Reply to
scarab

replying to Geof, TRP19430 wrote: Had the same thing happen in my Ranger Edge from about 6 months after I bought until I got rid of it. It would go off at the most random times. It seemed to go off while getting onto interstate entrance and merging onto the interstate a lot. I could be driving through a normal intersection and hit a bump where the concrete slabs aren't even. It took the slightest bump the times it did go off. I never did figure out what was going on. I finally just temporarily locked the switch in the "running" position and never had another problem.

Reply to
TRP19430

replying to Backyard Mechanic, Raffman wrote: Nice retort! However, I agree with his assessment of most shops. Dishonest and incompetent.

Reply to
Raffman