inertia switch

can anyone tell me about problems with inertia switch on 2004 ranger? after re set truck runs rough when it finally starts {this culd take hours to start} then dies again

to find your next problem.
Bill

Only problem I ever had with an inertia switch, was that it popped once. Drove me crazy trying to figure why it wouldn't start.
As for rough starts, the switch is either on or off. I don't believe it sends anytype of signal to the ignition switch.
I might want to tackle other problems, like fuel filter, bad plugs, wires, etc, before coming to the conclusion of a faulty fuel pump cutout.
good luck, and please post a followup what was your solution.
tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com