Info re: remote entry/security between 1999 F150 & 2000 F250

I have a 1999 F150 (gas) into which I installed a Ford 1L3Z-19G354-CA remote entry/security module with remote start. I have purchased (but not taken delivery of) a 2000 diesel F250 4x4 that has a remote entry
unit only. (No remote start) My question: Are the two modules interchangeable, plug wise? I know that I can remove the wiring harness, but I'm lazy. If it is possible to simply swap the modules (yes, I'll have to remove the siren stuff and the PATS ring etc). Thanks, Bob
In a word.... no.... Not even sure if the 1L3Z - - CA unit is diesel compatible....

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 07:10:56 GMT, "Jim Warman"

According to the installation instructions, it is applicable to the diesel. Bob