INFO: TPS sources..

If you are like me, you dont trust the Wells brand much... but I got tired of wandering RPM in my replacement TBird and picked up a Wells TPS at Autozone, though I expected to swap it out to the Bird I am getting rid of...

Lo! It's got a CTS logo on it -CTS is a proper Big Name controls mfr- and I can see the shadow of the ford Oval on it, from where the die was blanked.

So it's a bargain at 30 bucks plus tax.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

There's likely a number of electronic parts that only have one or two sources at most, no matter whose name is on the box.

Reply to
Stephan Mynarkiewicz

I went shopping for Ford VSS. Prices varied widely. Bought one up from the bottom price from autozone for its longer warranty. They ALL had ford casting numbers on them. I think the one i got had some other ID ground off of it. SO, same story. They all come from the same place.

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

I replaced EGR valves a lot on my '84 Bird - I finally decided to try the Wells - it had a Ford part number/ID label on it! It worked great, too.

Paul

Reply to
FnP