Installing DRL on 98 Explorer.. Help???

I have purchased a DRL module but can't find where to install on my 98 Explorer...can anyone help??? Thanks. :)

Reply to
mamabear001

I am assuming that you bought the plug-in OEM module, not the aftermarket version with wires. The DRL connector is behind the front bumper, roughly under the left headlight. The connector has a shorting plug, which you need to remove (and keep, should the DRL module fail or you simply don't want to use it anymore). Mount the module to the radiator brace, somewhere in the vicinity. I remember a very good set of instructions with photographs that was posted a couple years ago, most likely on the rec.autos.makes.ford.explorer group. Google to find it.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Thanks for the info... I searched google but couldn't find any pictures...I'll keep looking. What exactly does the shorting plug look like? Yes, I'm a woman and don't know much about cars but I'm learning... thanks again for the info... :)

Reply to
mamabear001

Took a while to find, but here is the link:

Good Luck!

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Thanks so much... I realllly appreciate it. :)

Reply to
mamabear001