Instrument cluster on a 97 f-150 not working, need help!

My entire instrument cluster (i.e. fuel gauge, temp) stopped working yesterday. At the time I was towing my boat and had the lights for the trailer attached. I have replaced fuse 2 (5 amp) and still no luck. The panel lights work fine, as do all my other lights. One other odd thing is that the "OD On/Off" indicator on the shifter does not light up anymore. It used to light up if you pressed it once, and then turn off if you pressed it again. Any thoughts? I hate to take this to the dealer.

------------- Get FREE newsgroup access from

ESS

i would recheck the fuses inside and under the hood sounds like there is a fuse blown

Reply to
jimmyh

Other than fuse location 2 (which is what the manual indicates you must change)what fuse would you check?