Interceptor

Local guy has a 98 crown vic interceptor. He bought it at auction at 83K miles, now has 103K on it. Seems to be pretty nice and does not look like it has been used as a squad. It does have 2 spot lights but in has a nicer interior than the squads I've seen. What should I look for before I make him an offer? Thanks Smitty

Reply to
Denny "Smitty" Schmidt

miles, now has 103K on it. Seems to be pretty nice and

in has a nicer interior than the squads I've seen.

Most police departments are pretty good at maintaining their cruiser fleet. My father bought a 1971 Chrysler grand fury from a police town auction & it ran good for six years before he traded it in for a new Datsun 510 wagon in 1981. The 360 V8 was a powerhouse of an engine & would smoke the tires when the gas was slammed.

Reply to
Shawn

A compression check at the least. It may be that the car was used by a supervisor, or even a government official. Cities and counties often buy crown vics for this purpose, and sometimes add them to the fleet police buy. The cars bought this way may have a better interior and option list than the standard police version.

Reply to
Chuck